When we think of truly high-performing teams, we often turn our attention to championship sports teams. Listen in this episode as I interview former NFL coach, Evan Burk. Evan climbed the coaching ladder, learning from the very best in the field. We discuss why having a winning vision is not enough. Nor is talent enough. It takes the right alignment of talent plus vision to build a culture that wins championships.
Evan Burk is not your typical football coach. Despite not playing football beyond high school and no network in the coaching profession, Evan’s unlikely football journey began as a 4th grade coach, where he quickly worked his way to the NFL in just 6 years, and included coaching for teams such as the Miami Dolphins, UCLA, and SMU.
After spending fifteen-plus years working with the highest-performing athletes, coaches, and teams on the planet, Coach Burk uses his unique football coaching background to teach people how to utilize the same strategies in business and life that elite players and teams use to perform at a world-class level.
In 2022, Evan Burk released his first book, Finding Intangibles, in which he helps organizations identify the hidden traits that drive elite performers and championship teams. He also hosts his own weekly sports leadership podcast, The Highest Level, where he reveals how championship team cultures are built and the keys to leadership excellence at the highest level.
- Former NFL and college football coach turned author and speaker
- Host of The Highest Level Podcast with Evan Burk, named one of the Best 5 Sports Leadership Podcasts in 2022 by FeedSpot
- Author of the book Finding Intangibles, which outlines how to build high performance
- teams that thrive in competitive environments.
- Expert in organizational culture, team dynamics, leadership, and peak performance
- 20+ years of experience developing high performers, from world-class athletes to pro
- sports organizations to corporate teams